dinsdag 2 juli 2013

Fish 'n' chips

Just for once I'm writing a post in English, I'm not going to make a habit of it and you'll have to excuse me for all the stupid mistakes I'll undoubtedly make. But what the heck, I'll give it a try. I'll keep it short anyhow.


The reason I'm writing in English is because we went to a fish 'n' chips evening and it makes me feel obliged to do so. It's not that I promised it or something, it just came up on the way home ( and I already regret it).

OK, there was a mobile restaurant parked alongside the road in a very small village, in front of a bar, just a few kilometers from where we live. A band played some sixties and seventies songs, the weather was perfect, the beer was cold and the company was very enjoyable. And for the fish 'n' chips, well, I must say, it was the first time I had it and I really liked it.

It's just that ... I liked it a little bit too much ... It's almost midnight and I'm still sitting on the couch with a full stomach wondering wether it should be wise do go on a little diet after this, like just not eating for the next couple of days.

Ah well ... that won't stop me from doing it again I suppose. Really enjoy the French life.

1 opmerking:

Zei Zei Top zei

Ha! Vellyglad you like my flench flies! Now I tell you secret: fish is not fish. Is cockloach. Ha! Ono, not cockloach, is locust. You woman like locust? Ha!